FOR THE WILDLY IN LOVE
Savanna Marleé Photography
A little about Savanna Marlee - That's me!
Photography has always fascinated me. It all started with the disposable cameras before I was even in grade school and let's just say I've been hooked ever since! Booked my first wedding when I was 15, it was right there I knew this was what I wanted to do so I've built my business up from that moment. I am always up for an adventure, whether that be with friends or clients. I like photographing rain just as much as sunlight. I like capturing memories in an art form and simply adore couples who are passionate about each other. I love traveling to new places for weddings, I've been to Oregon and Alaska and of course, all over Washington for weddings, don't let distance stop you from reaching out!
Ten Facts About Me
1. Marleé is actually my middle name, it's French and pronounced Mar-lay.
2. I'm a born and raised Washingtonian.
3. I can not get enough of the outdoors, I bring as much of it inside as I can. Crazy plant lady over here.
4. I'm obsessed with gardening, home projects, my dog, rope swings, sippin' hot chocolate on snowed-in days, waterfalls, and mountains any time of year!
5. A good sunrise is one of my favorite things ever.
6. I tear up at a lot of the weddings I photograph, often during a well-written toast, the vows, or the father-daughter dance.
7. I believe couples should be able to plan their weddings their way, and shouldn't feel pressured to change it because of someone else's traditions or expectations.
8. I use way too many exclamation points and smiley faces in my emails...Get ready!
9. My idea of a perfect gallery has a lot of love, some moody vibes, and a sprinkle of goofy. Unless you aren't into goofy, in that case, no goof!
10. I post regularly on social media, so if you want to see more of my portfolio, what I'm up to in life, or read client reviews be sure to follow me in the links at the bottom of the page :)
- More candids less poses. Great colors and composition can only go so far without authenticity.
- Keep the passion alive. The last thing I want is for my work to become monotonous. To avoid burn out I only book a select number of weddings/photoshoots each month.
- Intimate moments need more space. I'm going to be all over the place near and far taking photos at your wedding, I may suggest facing a certain way before you cut your cake, or something quick and of that nature, but for the most intimate times I'll be a fly on the wall. Still there to capture everything in detail, but not to be invasive of those special moments!
- Clients before portfolios. I've worked with videographers and photographers who have pressured couples into doing things they didn't want to do for a photo because the vendor wanted that shot for their own portfolio. While I understand the feeling of seeing the potential in a photo and missing an opportunity, this approach drives me crazy! I fully believe I am capturing who YOU are and what the mood of the moment is. If it feels uncomfortable/stressful for you I'm not doing my job right. I may suggest a few things for you to do, but I want you to feel 100% empowered to turn down my suggestions if you don't feel comfortable with a pose or prompt!
"My husband and I felt like we were reliving our wedding day and all of the love from the photos. The photos are breathtaking. I couldn’t recommend Savanna enough! She was amazing to work with!" -J
can be found here